This is one of our favorites and really good in a bread bowl!
1 c onion finely chopped
1 c celery finely chopped
2 c potatoes finely chopped
2 cans 6 ½ oz. each, minced clams with juices
1/2 c butter
1/2 c flour
1 qrt half and half
1 ½ tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
Drain clam juice and pour over veggies in pot. Add enough water to barely cover and simmer. Cover and simmer over medium heat until tender. In the meantime, melt butter, add flour. Blend. Cook, stirring constantly. Add cream, cook and stir with wire whip until smooth & thick. Very important. Add undrained veggies and clams. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 8.
Welcome to the Manning Family Recipe blog!
To get started be sure to visit the links on the right sidebar under "Getting Started" They will explain the basics of how to add a recipe to the blog. (I tried to write them fairly basic so that someone who has not done this before can understand them...hope they make sense.)
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions (jen.gillespie@gmail.com) Also, send me your e-mail address if you would like to post recipes. I just have to add you as an author and then you can share 'til your hearts content!
Now, let's get some yummy new recipes on here so we can start cookin'
To get started be sure to visit the links on the right sidebar under "Getting Started" They will explain the basics of how to add a recipe to the blog. (I tried to write them fairly basic so that someone who has not done this before can understand them...hope they make sense.)
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions (jen.gillespie@gmail.com) Also, send me your e-mail address if you would like to post recipes. I just have to add you as an author and then you can share 'til your hearts content!
Now, let's get some yummy new recipes on here so we can start cookin'
2 comments:
YUM! Where do you get your bread bowls? That sounds perfect for fall!
Hey Kath- our grocery store carries them in their bakery.
You could make the easy bread you have on here and just don't put it in a bread pan. That is how I have usually done it anyway. Just divide the dough in half and shape it into two circles. Bake it on a cookie sheet.
I haven't actually used them for a bread bowl before, but now that I think of it it would work really well.
Post a Comment